Tuesday, June 20, 2006 Stolen Ideas - Read my answers and post your own

Stolen Ideas - Read my answers and post your own

Five things in my fridge/freezer
1. Bottled water
2. Ginger-soy salad dressing
3. Brita pitcher
4. Stoneyfield Fat-Free Yogurt (Blackberry)
5. Grey Goose

Five (unusual) things in my closets
1. Lowe Alpine internal frame backpack
2. Ball gown
3. Dead Milkmen t-shirt from 1994 tour
4. Dance Dance Revolution
5. "The 120 Days of Sodom" by Donatien Aldonse Francois le Marquis de Sade (a good southern girl would never keep it on her bookshelf)

Five things in my bag (purse/messenger bag/backpack)
1. Ipod Video
2. Slender notebook with "The Son of Man" by Rene Magritte printed on it
3. Cartier cigarettes
4. Toothbrush
5. Printed copy of recent JC Report

Five things on my bookcase
1. Numerous Norton Anthologies kept from my school days
2. "Sociology of Deviant Behavior" by Marshall Clinard
3. Well worn (highlighted, underlined, and page marked) copy of "The Beat Reader"
4. Equally well-worn copy of "A Guide to Elegance" by Genevieve Antoine Dariax
5. "Everything You Know Is Wrong: The Disinformation Guide to Secrets and Lies" by Russ Kick

5 Comments:

Blogger A said...

someone has a closet fetish.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Maigh said...

Only doing this because I love you, but I'm posting responses here - not on my site.

Five things in my fridge/freezer
1. Brita water dealie
2. Beer, champagne and cider I won't drink
3. Buttery sweet creamspread
4. Milk
5. Vanilla ice cream


Five (unusual) things in my closets
1. Photo printer
2. Teacups/china
3. The outfits my parents wore after their wedding
4. Sporting gear I have no intention of ever using
5. Everything else I don't want to look at

Five things in my bag (purse/messenger bag/backpack)
1. Eyelash curler and mascara
2. Carmex
3. Fix-it kit with disposible thermometer, mini toothpaste and floss, throat lozengers, lip liner and lipstick (more things I'll never use)
4. Pocket prayer book (for Orthodox Christians)
5. Camera

Five things on my bookcase
1. The Fool on the Hill by Matt Ruff
2. On the Road by Kerouac
4. People Who Didn't Say Goodbye by Merrit Malloy
5. Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas by Tom Robbins

2:01 PM  
Blogger AWG said...

Great list! I've been inspired!

11:28 PM  
Blogger AWG said...

I love Magritte, by the way.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Anomie-Atlanta said...

Magritte's "The Son of Man" was painted as a self-portrait. When asked why he hid his face behind fruit, he responded:
"Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see hidden by what we see."

I also like "L'art de Vivre", I must have a fruit fetish.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home