Wednesday, June 14, 2006 The Dead Letter Office

The Dead Letter Office


Written late last night
Since I was very young I have found the thought of the dead letter office chilling. All of the sentiments, greetings, and thoughts hanging in limbo make my heart hurt. Blogs that suddenly end make me feel similarly disquieted. What happened? Is there a happy ending? Did the writer die and leave their thoughts for posterity? Why was May 24th, 2004 the last day you posted? These abrupt endings to someone else's string of thought makes me confront my own mortality. What would I want to leave behind? Would the replies sent to nowhere tell a story?
http://www.thedeadletter.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger MC said...

I've left plenty of dead letters in my time. Unfortunate, but true.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home